Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Google Chrome for Linux

Yesterday I received word that Google chrome has finally been ported to Linux. Almost one year after the official release on windows. All though the project lagged behind the windows release, it was well worth the wait.

Google chrome has been one of my favorite web browsers since the first release. Minimalistic, fast, and now full of extensions that are sure to make your web experience more enjoyable. Some of my favorite extensions are Gmail, and Wave notifier. They integrate small buttons to the right on the URL bar that show you when you have new e-mails or waves. All my bookmarks and saved passwords were imported from firefox seamlessly and with out any extra work from me.

I also happen to be using Google DNS. While I noticed an immediate speed increase after switching using Firefox, Google chrome makes he web even quicker. Combined these two technology's give excellent results.

Lately Google has been releasing product after product of amazing quality. This powerhouse is sure to lead the web and computing to the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment